Credit: The Weather Channel
A severe hurricane is bearing down on us. Here are some tips but do you homework! Good luck.
- Please prepare for lack of electric.
- No ice making, water pumps, or TV if power goes out.
- Stock up on batteries.
- Use your freezer while you can for making ICE. You can drink it later as well.
- Have water for 3 days or longer. Fill a bath tub or sink if you need to.
- You water pump won’t work if the power goes out.
- Gas stoves may work but the the ignitor won’t. Never leave a stove on.
- Use your grill outside if it is safe to cook.
- Have a radio with batteries in it.
- Charge your cell phone.
- Examine the area around your house for loose debris or trees near home
- Clear out the storm drains. You or a neighbor should check these as time progresses.
- Get money out. Atms don’t work when power is out.
- Have a GO bag ready with checkbook, licenses, credit card, birth certificates, social security cards, and other important documents incase you need to evacuate.
- Don’t rely on electronics for all you contact information.
- Visit http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes for more information.